Lydia is 2 today! I'm having a hard time with the fact that we won't have another one year old in the house again. Unless God has something up his sleeve!! Which he could.
The day Lydia was born was a fast day. My mom came over early that morning to stay with Sydney and Tyler. She took Sydney to Mother's day out and went home with Tyler. As she was doing that I was being hooked up to all the fun monitors. The contractions were getting very painful. I had already asked for the epidural. I had a new nurse, bless her soul! She kept telling me I had to have my blood taken and the results had to be returned to her before I could have an epidural. An hour later I got cranky and demanded I get it now!!! She finally gave in. Lydia's birth was the most painful out of all three. But I also think it's because it was super fast too.
2 hours after being hooked up to everything my mom calls. She asks for Scott..... hmmm... something isn't right. She had gone out into the garage for something and sweet Tyler shut the door and locked her out! He didn't know how to open doors at the time. We figured I would be in labor for a long time, so Scott ran home and let her back in the house. We only live 15 minutes away from the hospital. When he left the hospital I was dilated to a 5.
I started feeling funny. The nurse came in and told me to change positions. I asked her to check me because I felt really weird. She did..... I was a 10!! I called Scott and he had just gotten home. He sped back to the hospital. Not even 3 minutes after he walked in, my doctor walked in! I gave two pushes and Lydia was here!!! It was fast!! I called my mom soon after. She thought I was teasing because she had just seen Scott!! I am so thankful Scott didn't miss the birth!!
Why is it that women love to tell their birthing stories???
Happy Birthday Sweet Lydia. You are such a sweet little girl. I will never stop kissing those sweet cheeks! I pray you come to know the Lord at a young age and live a life dedicated to Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment