Wednesday, March 25, 2009

April's goal

Family dinners are very important to me. I love looking around the table and seeing all five of us gathered together. We eat, laugh, remind kids of manners, tell them to sit a hundred times, get up to get something for someone more than a hundred times....... BUT I love it.

My April goal is to set the table in a pretty way. I'm going to use place mats, flowers, maybe even real plates (we'll see about that one) and other things that I can't come up with yet. I welcome suggestions. I want the kids and Scott to look forward to the way I dress the table in the month of April!! I want them to feel special and be excited about the time we eat together.

There's a saying "Families who eat together, stay together". Well, we will always stay together, but I still find it very important. Life only gets busier and this is a place we can come together and bond more.

Scott and I went to a marriage retreat this weekend. One thing they talked about was being too busy and how bad that is for a marriage and family. In this stage of life we are not too busy and I love that. We stay home a lot during the day and enjoy home life. Scott and I make sure not to busy ourselves in the evenings. It's not worth being away from family!! I hope to keep life mellow!!! Busyness stresses me out! I'll post pictures of the dinner table in April. It will keep me accountable!

4 comments:

Christy Z said...

I want to be like you when I grow up!!! I'm still working on actually trying to make a meal every night... sigh!

Al's World said...

I have always wanted to have a special plate and one person a week/month gets the special plate and then everyone around the table has to say one nice thing about them. You are my hero!

Promoting OK adoption said...

We just talked about family dinner time in my MOMs Bible study. It's amazing the studies that have been done and the statistics for families and chlidren who eat together regularly. This month is a great month for our faith being Easter time. What a great time to come together as a family in preparation for Good Friday and Easter.

Love this post, love your heart and your commitment in your marriage and with your children.

Sorry, this is Molly but I am logged on to another account so my name won't be on this! Oops!

Amanda Herrold said...

What a great post! I love it! Dinners have become crazy for us b/c of kids activities and Houston traffic/drive times. We now have a family breakfast. We all sit at the table together, have breakfast together and have a family devotional. It's the best!