Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dr. Visit

This morning the kids and I went to the pediatrician's office. Lydia has had a fever for a few days so I thought we would get her ears checked. She does not like going. I tried to get her to stand on the scale and had no luck.

So the nurse said, "Hold her and I will weigh you both and then have you stand alone and I will subtract the difference".

Huh??

You want me to stand on the scale in front of all of you so that we can find out Lydia is the same weight she was the last time we were here.

Really??

Things I do for my kids. It's all love......

Well, I now know what I weigh with and without a child in my hands. I couldn't use the "I just had a baby" because she was in my arms and she's not really a baby anymore!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh...gosh I feel for you! Not because you are big, because you aren't! But, because that is embarassing for anyone!

You should have said, "Gosh Lydia, you sure have gained weight!" Just kidding!

Al's World said...

Our children should kiss our feet at all the things we do for them...but I am still trying to see why it is a big deal to you..look in a mirror lately girl!