Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Joys of life

As a parent I always hope I am raising my kids correctly. I have to choose my battle because if I didn't I think I would be battling all day.
The number one job that Scott and I have is to teach our children about Christ. The greatest joy for me is to hear my kids quote scripture. What could be more joyful? Sydney's preschool is big on this. We decided to put our kids in private school because we wanted our kids to be taught the word in school. I know that it's not the church or the school's job to teach my kids about Christ. It's my job. But I want them to be surrounded by it in every area of their life.
The first two scriptures Sydney has learned from school is about obeying Christ and then obeying your parents! Now every time she disobeys I say, Sydney what does Acts 5:29 say?
She proudly says, We must obey God".
Then I say, "And doesn't God say to obey your parents?"
"Yes"
End of discussion!!
Look closely and the word is a guide on how to raise your children!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sam and I have been talking about that verse too! That's great that the school is big on the kids commiting the Word to memory...

Carrie said...

You're right. I love that when my kids go through touch or good times for that matter they will be able to quote scripture. The day they become Christians - what a day!!! Won't it be a good feeling to know that your whole family will be in eternity together.