We took Lydia out of her crib Saturday. She will be two in a month. We had the other kids out of the crib by 17 months because there was another baby on the way. So to have an almost two year old in the crib felt weird to me.
As we (Scott) were taking the crib apart I started getting very sad. The crib has been up and running for over 5 years straight. I am sad to see it go. Well, it's not going far. I will never get rid of it. It means too much to me now!!! These moments of change are hard for me. I like having little ones in the house and I love being home with them everyday all day. This is what being a mother is all about. I don't like this growing up thing going on around here.
As we (Scott) were taking the crib apart I started getting very sad. The crib has been up and running for over 5 years straight. I am sad to see it go. Well, it's not going far. I will never get rid of it. It means too much to me now!!! These moments of change are hard for me. I like having little ones in the house and I love being home with them everyday all day. This is what being a mother is all about. I don't like this growing up thing going on around here.
I had the kids stand my the crib one last time. Excuse the beautiful outfits they had on. We had no plans on leaving the house. You should have seen me.
Lydia went down for a nap later that day. I had to go in about 15 times and tell her to get back in her bed. That night she never got out! Today she never got out and slept all night! She was super easy to transition. She has been super easy her whole life!! We are blessed with very well behaved children!


No comments:
Post a Comment