I have a new blog friend! She has five kids. yep - five. I don't think I will ever see that day. I'm continent with the three I have.
I had asked her to post on her blog how she goes through out her day and manages the family. I love knowing great tips from other moms. So please comment and give me your best tips. Here are some of mine - at least I find these things to make my life easier around the house.
1) In the playroom I have all the toys sorted in plastic containers. On the outside of the containers I have an actual picture of what is inside the box. I do this so the kids can see what's in there without opening and so the kids know where to put things when they are done playing.
2) Laundry is not therapeutic for me. But I'm working on that. Across from the laundry room is the kids bathroom. I make three piles on the vanity - one for each kid. Then at the end of the laundry day I go and put all the clothes up. If not - I would be walking all over the house all day. Works for me!
3) I love to puree food to sneak into my meals. Keeps my kids healthy! I puree all veggies one day and freeze them. That way I only have to do it once a month - maybe. I also love to cook lots of meals in one day and freeze them. I also have a few friends who do this. So we each cook four meals, split them, swap, and bam I have 8 meals frozen!!!! Makes dinner time so wonderful!!
There's a few. I'm too tired to keep thinking. Please share your great tips. I need all the help I can get.
2 comments:
Thank you so much for taking the time to share. You are a really great mom! I struggle with meal planning. I have entertained the thought of preparing lots of meals at once, but it has yet to happen. Maybe you are the inspiration I need.
I also like the container idea. I just bought a couple last week, think I'll buy a couple thousand more!!
Hope y'all are feeling better.
My goodness, you are not kidding about it being a small world! I read your comment the other day on Vicki's blog and here we all are on yours!
I love the container idea. Maybe I will implement it when we move? One thing that has helped me is to let my kids fold their own clothes...even if their drawers are a little crazy, they seem to know where everything is better if they are allowed to create their own system. As for laundry being therapeutic, I am with you. It just is not. But one friend at church told me that she prays for her kids when she folds her clothes. Maybe if I turned it into prayer time I would look forward to it more!
Post a Comment