Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My purpose in life and my passion.

I'm studying the Book of Deuteronomy right now.  My thoughts keep going back to homeschool. Taking my kids out of school is a scary thing. So many emotions come with this decision. Scared, nervous, excited, overwhelmed...... just to name a few.

Beth Moore talks about that in this study "Our hope is to discover The Book of Deuteronomy in a way that is dramatically consequential". That something for me will never be the same at the end of this study. That I will have found something. That I will have found my calling.  When she said that I realized what a perfect study at the perfect time this is for me.

The theme of Deuteronomy is - He brought us out that He might bring us in.  Our family schedule made me tired. It made me sad. By the time I dragged my kids to school, picked them up, did homework and activities, made dinner, ate dinner and saw little of Scott.... the day was done.  I kept telling myself that the kids life shouldn't look like this. I felt like we were stuck and we were being controlled by the busyness of life. I feel like God is taking us out and is bringing us in to the life He has called us to be in. I'm glad it didn't take me 40 years! I'm thankful God is showing me His vision. I'm going to put my fears of homeschool aside and now see it as my purpose in life and my passion. This is a chapter in my life that I know will be one of the best I will ever have. I pray it's one of the best chapters in my kids' lives as well.

No comments: