Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lindsay and Decor


Lindsay, this post is for you. My sweet friend Lindsay always has an ear ready for me. I needed a good idea for my mantel..... she gave me one...... and I took her advice. Lindsay and I were friends in high school, roommates in college, and now enjoy motherhood together. We live way too far from each other. If we lived close we would never get anything done BUT our cell phones would have more minutes on them!!!!
Back to the pics....... My lamps are a little squatty but I had to decorate with what I had. Scott said the mantle screams "We need a fourth child". I told him we could fix that. He didn't say anything after that. :)



Lindsay took the baby shots of Sydney when she was 6 months old. I did the other two kids when they were six months as well. These pictures are my FAVORITE thing I have of the kids.
I made these silhouettes of the kids tonight. I put them above my kitchen cabinets. The next two pics are of the table in my entryway. The candle sticks used to be tall......Lydia broke them today. I found the table at an antique store for $25!!!

2 comments:

Becki Francy said...

Great ideas! This nester lady is getting around. I added a link to my blog the other day, b/c someone e-mailed it to me! Finishing Ragon's big girl drapes myself, no one in my family makes drapes. Well Laura does...with glue! Love your house! Kids are getting big.

Lindsay said...

wow - sounds like you have a really great friend! :)

The sillouettes (sp?) look SO good! I also think Scott is right, just one more kid...

It all looks great. I love your little white table too, I don't think I'd ever seen a picture of it.

Can't wait to see Ty's room!