Wednesday, January 9, 2008

10 years of happiness!






Ten years ago tomorrow I married my best friend.


The first day of college I met Scott. We started dating soon after and before he could blink I talked him into marrying me. He asked me but I talked him into asking me. I had just turned 20 - what were we thinking???? I told Scott very early on that I had no desire to work outside of the home. I had to make sure that this man would not make me work. Being a mom is work - but I can do it in my pajamas - and I love that kind of life.


I think back on what all has happened in our ten years together:

college degrees

4 homes

5 pregnancies

3 kids

4 dogs

6 cars

3 churches

law school

6 jobs (together)

Europe vacation

many bounced checks :) I pay the bills!

lots of hospital trips

four ski trips

plenty of tears

a lot more smiles

smoking marijuana

last one was a joke - I couldn't think of anything else.


Scott you have made me so happy and I am excited to see where God leads us the next ten years together. You are an amazing father and a patient husband!!! Love you.

p.s. You can give me my diamonds in the morning. Thanks in advance :)

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy Anniversary! I never knew y'all were pot heads, makes me love you even more! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Scott and Carrie!

Mandy said...

Carrie - It is so fun to find you guys on here.. How are you?

Mandy Teague
mandy2930@hotmail.com

Mandy said...

Carrie - It is exciting to find you guys on here and hear how you guys are doing.

Mandy Teague
mandy2930@hotmail.com