Anyone who knows me knows that we live on a budget. A tight one too!!! I try every month to make my grocery budget work. But I can't quit seem to do it. I would love to hear how you make your $ work at the grocery store. I do like to buy healthy and nutritious stuff. Not the cheap unhealthy stuff.
Do you use coupons?
What store gives you the best for your $?
Do you shop at multiple places?
Do you shop weekly / monthly?
I love knowing what others do.
2 comments:
Oh still a girl after my own heart! I love this post! I may even post on my blog to have people visit yours cause I would love this answered too. WAL-MART! Is my greatest tool. I really do think they are significantly cheaper. B and I were talking about this a few nights ago. I am really thinking about planting a large garden, and learning to can. Even just tomatoes (spaghetti, chili, lasagna) would be better if not processed. Not even just for $ but for the health factor. All the infertility, autism rise, etc. freaks me out. I know it has to be environmental. We are also taking a little $ from B selling his motorcycle and buying a deep freeze so we can buy meat in bulk (this is cheaper and if you have your own cow butchered and know the farmer, may be healthier). I would love to figure out a way to get organic chicken. B said he would put in a chicken coop but that is a bit much for me. NO WAY I am wringing a chickens neck and plucking it. Gross. Anyway, I have also been trying to make healthy stuff as an alternative to the boxed stuff for AK. Like baked mac with whole milk cheese rather than the Kraft. It makes a HUGE pot and she can eat on it for weeks. Love you friend!
Okay, girls, when I was staying-at-home I was a budget master! Now, I am a budget master, but I have a hard time finding the time to do what I used to! Anyway, here are a few things that I did:
1) I made a meal plan for two weeks. I planned breakfast, lunch and dinner for every day. I went to the grocery store ONE time and got everything I needed at wal-mart! That includes milk, toiletries, bread, meat, fresh and frozen veggies and fruit!
2) I would use a lot of recipes that I could get many uses out of the base. For example, I would make a HUGE pot of spaghetti sauce - freeze half of it - and use the other half for spaghetti, pizza and lasagna!! It was VERY inexpensive to make and my family loves it! You could also make alfredo sauce and then make chicken fett alfredo, pizza with alredo sauce, etc.
3) FREEZE!! I would buy bread on sale and freeze it! My deep freeze is my best friend!!!
Hope that helped! Thankful for you girls!
Stephanie
Post a Comment