Sunday, April 12, 2009

Birthday Boy







Tyler turned 4 today! We had family in town for Easter today so we got to celebrate yet again. He has had two cakes and will have cupcakes tomorrow at school. The fun never ends!

The kids love to hear about the day they were born. So, on the way to church this morning I told them the story of Tyler's birth. Well, the stuff they need to know about!!


Labor was about 6 hours long. My sweet friend Sheridan stuck around for the birth (sorry Sheridan - it wasn't my best looking day :)) Tyler was trying to come out with his head sideways and the cord was around him as well. The Dr. QUICKLY got him out. He was grunting which is a sign of needing more oxygen. Bla bla bla..... Tyler ended up staying in the NICU for two weeks. It was the hardest thing leaving my child at the hospital at night. It still brings tears to my eyes. My sweet mom practically moved in with us. She would stay all day with Sydney so that I could be up there feeding Tyler. I would come home in the evening and spend time with Sydney. My parents would go up and rock Tyler in the evenings so that Scott and I could be at home. I would call at 2 am everyday to make sure he was ok. Sleep was not happening for me. I laid there wondering if he was ok. It was a very difficult time for us BUT we made it through and Tyler is a very healthy boy! God is good!! Here are a few pics. I didn't want to take pictures of him at the hospital because it was horrible at the time. But I remember my mom telling me I would want them later.

1 comment:

Christy Z said...

Allie was in the hospital for two weeks too. And my mom did the same thing. And since then, Allie is the healthiest, happiest little girl! Tyler has a good birthday (same as mine!) Hope you had a good Easter too!